The WADF is pleased to announce that the Managing Committee has decided that until the 31st of December 2021 registered dancers do not need an active license to participate at WADF World and Continental Championships and that Member Clubs and Schools can enrol dancers without having to pay the membership fee.
Our next WADF World Championships
08-12 December Liberec Czech Republic
This is our mission
To create a real democratic honest World Dance Federation where everybody that like to become a member can be accepted as a member without having to go through the ”one member per country”.
To create an International forum for Dancers, Choaches, Dance school owners and Dance club Trainers where it is possible to discuss and develope dance competition disciplines in an modern and innovative way.
The WADF accepts that the Art of dance is much more than Dance Sport competitions. There are two parts to be considered. In the WADF events the dancers are evaluated in both the Technical merit and in the Artistic merit. Artistic competitive dancing is first and foremost Art and Culture.
To give all dancers the chance to compete at International competitions without having to be elite dancers. To give all girls that did not found a boy to dance with a chance to be a team member in a Duo, Trio or a Small or Large team were also second and third rated dancers can fill a place.
To offer our members competitions from 7 main Departments containing 24 Dance Divisions including 56 competition Disciplines in 10 Age groups and 7 Categories ending up to more than 10.000 possible combinations.
WADF is a non-profit, non-political democratic worldwide dance-organisation with a dedicated enthusiastic leader team who together have more than 100 years of experience in the Art of dance.
We learn from the past, we live in the present and we look for the future!
- We revitalise the methods of teaching dance in all parts of the World!
- We honour the freedom of dance by accepting unlimited number of members in every country.
- We go beyond the old way of thinking that you must have a partner to become a competitor.
- We involve all levels of dancers in Worldwide Artistic Dance competitions.
- We give all girls that do not have a partner a chance to continue to dance by participating together with friends in teams or in Solo dance competitions.
- We accept also individuals, couples, teams, schools and clubs as members and not only one Association per country.